Sunday 25 October 2009

a word about fireworks...a totally legit(albeit funny) reason i hate them!

so there I was mooching about my flat, quite happily making a cuppa (vanilla rooibos if your interested) and i heard the dreaded noise...sodding fireworks!! A couple of things i feel i quite strongly about- 1.its still daylight.whats the point?
2.its not even halloween yet!
I HATE fireworks. If i had one of those funky 'under the stairs' cupboards id go and take up residence every year about this time, for a couple of weeks. I'm not a spoilsport, but why watch your money (literally) go up in smoke?
Anyway, when i was about 5 or 6, my dad came over to visit and bought a box of fireworks with him, to try and bribe us to like him again (my parents divorced, dads visits were fairly eratic).
My dad, being a total genius pinned a catheine wheel on to our WOODEN garden fence.BANG! 'oooh vic, look at the pretty colours'.'oooh dad is the whole garden supposed to be on fire?!' GENIUS
Anyway, i now have an acute fear of fire.its a good job I dont smoke cos lightning up would have been an issue. I dont do candles, and I cant strike a match. I nearly failed my A level practical chemistry exam because i couldnt manage to light my bunsen burner(teacher took pity in the end).

Thanks guyforkes, for creating this marvelous holiday!

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment